This application is available for undergraduate students to apply for the one of the Outstanding Student Awards handed out each spring during Ag Convocation. The three categories of awards are:
- Senior Merit Awards: The highest award given to undergraduates in our college, a student must have over 90 hours and be projected to graduate during the 2017 calendar year. Non-Traditional Students are encouraged to apply as there is criteria specifically designed for their unique academic and life experiences.
- COALS/Alpha Zeta Awards: Awards for the college’s Outstanding Freshman, Sophomore and Junior. This is the highest awards given to non-seniors by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- Gamma Sigma Delta Awards: Gamma Sigma Delta is an honor society that celebrates academic achievement and each year, awards the Outstanding Junior and Senior in our college.
Instructions for Submitting Your Award Application
- Application: Demographic information required (i.e., Name, Major, UIN, etc.)
- College Awards Sample Activity Sheet
- Areas that need to be included on your sheet include Texas A&M University Activities, Community Involvement, Professional & Civic Activities, Employment, Internships & Research, Awards, Honors & Publications. Non-Traditional Students may also include a section on Life Experiences.
- Please click on link for a sample template that you are free to use by filling in your own unique information.
- Highlighted areas on the template pertain to Non-Traditional students only.
- Essay: How do you plan to utilize your degree in the future?
- Your essay needs to be at least half a page in length but no more than one page in length.
- Times New Roman, 12 point font, double spaced format
- If you have any troubles submitting your application, please make sure you are current with any updates to Java and your web browser. If you still have issues submitting after updates, please do not hesitate to contact the dean’s office at 979-845-3712.
- The deadline for submission is Friday, January 27, 2017.