A short-term group trip abroad is similar to a field trip in that it lasts one to two weeks and can be credit-bearing or not. If the trip is a required part of a credit-bearing course, more than half of the course must be taught on Texas A&M campus. The trips are usually designed for a group to travel together to complete a specific purpose or academic outcome.
If you have an idea of a short-term group trip, the steps for approval are as follows:
- Meet with your department head to gain departmental support.
- Complete the field trip registration form via the “apply now” button on the Texas A&M Study Abroad Programs Office website. Review the detailed instructions and an example.
- Complete the request for approval of a field trip form.
- Obtain your department head’s signature on the approval form.
- Submit the “request for approval of a field trip” form to Deanie Dudley and copy Dr. Kim Dooley.
- The college will get the necessary internal approvals and send it to the Texas A&M Study Abroad Programs Office.
- Study Abroad Programs Office will help you with finalizing trip details.
For more information, contact: Cathryn Clement at (979) 458-0820 or email@example.com.