Associate Dean for Student Development
Dr. Skaggs joined our administrative team in 2008, and also holds the San Antonio Livestock Exposition Chair in Animal Science. In his administrative role, Dr. Skaggs works to raise student awareness of the broad spectrum of opportunities available at the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Dr. Skaggs is an award-winning educator and student advisor. Among his numerous honors is the National Academic Advising Association Certificate, the Mervin and Annette Peters Advising Award from the Texas A&M Advisors and Counselors, the Haas-Litterst Outstanding Teaching Award and the Texas A&M Association of Former Students Distinguished Teaching Award.
He has received the Vice Chancellor’s Awards in Excellence for student counseling and relations; undergraduate teaching; and industry, agency, or association partnerships, as part of the Extension Beef 101 Team.
Dr. Skaggs’ distinguished service record includes judging many national livestock shows, such as the San Antonio Livestock Exposition and the Houston LIvestock Show and Rodeo.
He received his doctorate in animal science from Iowa State University, his master’s in animal science from Kansas State University, and two bachelor’s degrees in animal science and agricultural education from Texas Tech University.
- Scholarships & Financial Aid Administrator
- Liaison to Regional Stock Shows and San Antonio Livestock Exposition Chair holder
- Student Programs
- New and transfer student conferences
- College spring convocation
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Student Council
- TAMU Athletics Council
- Agriculture Career Exposition
- Teach College introductory course – AGLS 101
- Teach ANSC 108
- Recruiting & Development Support
- Support student recruiting activities
- Support scholarship development
- Welcome prospective students and their families
- Coordinate and facilitate on-campus workshops and competitions