Associate Dean for Academic Operations
Dr. Kim E. Dooley is the Associate Dean for Academic Operations for the College of Agriculture and Life Science and Professor in the Department of Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications. She oversees all undergraduate academic affairs, distance and continuing education programs, and international academic programs for the College. She gives leadership and oversight to policy compliance on course and curriculum approvals, student withdrawals, no-grade panel review, curricular substitutions, programmatic assessment, and high-impact practices. Dr. Dooley also teaches several courses.
Both as dean and professor, she works to promote life-long learning in students of the College and to prepare society-ready graduates.
Dr. Dooley incorporates the latest innovations in teaching and learning into her work. Dr. Dooley’s extensive list of publications includes 59 refereed journal articles and a book.
Dr. Dooley has received national awards for her teaching, research, and service. Among her awards are the USDA award for Excellence in Teaching and the Distinguished Research Award from the American Association for Agricultural Education. In 2012 she was recognized as a Fellow of the Association of International Agricultural and Extension Education. Dr. Dooley has also received recognition for her grant projects. She has conducted professional presentations and training programs around the globe, traveling to 34 countries.
Dr. Dooley received her doctorate in 1995, master’s in 1987, and bachelor’s in 1984 from Texas A&M University. She has worked at Texas A&M for 20 years.
- Undergraduate Academic Operations
- Academic Operations Council (AOC) representative
- Curriculum review and approval
- Curricular substitutions, no-grades, withdrawals
- Academic program assessment
- University QEP Assessment/Accreditation Committee representative
- Institutional reporting
- Departmental compliance
- Association of Public and Land Grant Universities (APLU)
- Academic Programs Section representative
- Oversee international academic programs (study abroad and exchange programs)
- Study Abroad Policy and Coordination Committee (SAPCC) representative
- International Programs Committee representative
- Distance education programs
- Supervise College’s undergraduate academic program staff
- Honors program formation and operation
- Teach ALEC 611 and ALEC 696
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
Texas A&M University
600 John Kimbrough Blvd., Ste 515
College Station, Texas 77843-2402