Executive Associate Dean and Associate Dean for Research
Dr. Clare Gill serves as the Executive Associate Dean and Associate Dean for Research in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. She provides day-to-day oversight and operational guidance for the College while coordinating the with university and the agriculture agencies on academic, research, budgeting and programmatic efforts.
Gill has served as interim department head for Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communications since August 2017. She joined the department of animal science in 1999 and is a professor of animal genomics.
Gill was the recipient of the 2014 Texas A&M College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Award for Excellence in Research. As a member of the McGregor Bovine Genomics Team, she received the Vice Chancellor’s Award in Excellence for Research in 2009.
Gill earned a bachelor’s degree in biotechnology from Flinders University of South Australia and a doctoral degree in molecular genetics from the University of Adelaide in Australia.
- Serve as the chief operating officer of the College
- Coordinate with other TAMU Colleges, the TAMU central administration, and Texas A&M AgriLife agencies
- Coordinate and oversee College-level
- international programs
- faculty promotion and tenure
- Oversee departmental operations
- Assist Vice Chancellor and Dean on College strategic initiatives
- Supervise College office and staff
Agriculture and Life Sciences Building
600 John Kimbrough Boulevard, Suite 515
College Station, TX 77843