Fees associated with growth chambers are to partially offset costs associated with maintenance, personnel and replacement. Fees are subject to change. A proportion of IDC from faculty grants was used to purchase the units and will supplement the user fees for maintenance costs, etc.
Parameters determining fees includes:
- Maintenance contract costs (Conviron)
- Labor costs (oversight, scheduling, IPM and cleaning)
- Replacement bulb costs (incandescent, T5 bulbs, metal halide)
- Service costs for O2 scrubbers, CO2 injectors
- Fees are listed on a monthly basis per chamber Since the facility operates several different models, fees are structured to reflect the unit being used related to the relative square footage available for plant growth and maintenance required.
- All users are required to supply a valid account number before occupation of their assigned space.
- All fees are subject to change.
|Chamber model & Number||Plant growth area (ft2)||Rate/Chamber||Funds/yr/chamber for Maintenance|
|PGC Flex reach-in (11)||57||$TBD*||$TBD|
|MTPS walk-in (4)||72||$TBD*||$TBD|
|BDW walk-in (1)||40||$TBD*||$TBD|
|BDW walk-in with atmospheric control (3)||40||$TBD**||$TBD|
|Total for Maintenance:||$TBD/yr/chamber|
* Base fee of $XXX/month per chamber
** Base fee of $XXX + YY/month plus maintenance for O2/CO2 control per chamber