- South East/Central (TX/AR/MO)
- Job Category
- Full Time Positions
- Last Date to Apply
- Technical Sales Representative (Protein)
PeroxyChem is a global leader in peroxygen and adjacent chemistries. The company employs approximately 500 people throughout the world, with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia. With an unyielding commitment to safety at its core and backed by an exceptional team, the company prides itself on exemplary customer service, product quality, reliability and technical service. PeroxyChem manufactures high quality products and innovative applications developed as a result of innovation and superior technical expertise. We supply customized chemistries for electronics, energy, environmental, food safety, pulp, paper, polymer, and other industrial and consumer markets. Learn more at www.peroxychem.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace.
The Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining, planning and growing the sales of microbial control program (Blitz™, Spectrum™, others) to beef, swine, and poultry processing plants while utilizing sales and technical service experience, operations familiarity, and relationship building skills to provide customer support and identify other business opportunities within the meat processing industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
Field Sales Territory Management
• Ensure customer service commitment is met through regular service and sales visits, phone calls, and troubleshooting.
• Manage accounts and act as primary contact for those accounts.
• Work with sales and service managers, protein team, company, and external resources to ensure account retention and product line sales and profitability objectives are met.
• Independently schedule service and sales visits by customer priority and urgency of opportunity.
• Develop relationships with key decision makers at our customer sites, i.e. harvest managers, complex managers, plant managers, food safety managers, purchasing managers, quality managers, R&D, technical managers, etc.
• Develop in-depth knowledge about customer history, organization relationships, competitive issues, potential opportunities, and transfer this knowledge to the organization for use in business maintenance and growth.
• Support marketing by maintaining database that covers cost/performance of competitive chemistries and technologies.
• Practice and promote safe work practices in support of our worldwide policy on health, safety, security and the environment.
• Take the lead on troubleshooting operational difficulties and field mechanical questions.
• Organize and support field trials, service projects, and startup at customer sites.
• Assist team by covering shifts during startups following an installation.
• Provide customer training and education to support customer use of products and/or development of new products.
• Utilize up to date knowledge about current and potential product applications to support customer needs
• Build relationships and communicate regularly with R&D and technical organizations to optimize value to customer.
• Support commercial and research development initiatives while acting as a resource for successful commercialization.
• Maintain an up-to-date understanding of USDA, EPA & FDA regulations as they pertain to PeroxyChem’s products and applications.
• Develop a working knowledge of advantages and disadvantages of competitive chemistries and technologies that impact PeroxyChem objectives.
• Support field trials at customer sites.
• Perform plant surveys and assists in installation development.
• Assist in the development of HACCP and microbial program protocols for new and existing business.
• Assemble call reports that provide useful information and are submitted within agreed timeframes.
• Provide regular updates to sales forecast in support of S&OP and business planning.
• Provide regular updates to opportunity pipeline to facilitate and maintain growth.
• Enable management and other relevant functions and employees to understand markets, problems, needs, and competitive developments in order to effectively support customer needs and plan strategies and objectives.
• Record market, customer, product, and competitive data in assigned database to ensure and enhance organizational understanding and continuity.
• Disseminate information to customers or internally to PeroxyChem in a way that effectively meets the specific need.
• Uses operational knowledge to bridge understanding and expectations between engineering and commercial segments of poultry group.
• Troubleshoot treatment systems problems in customers’ facilities.
• Periodically support customers or startup needs during non-traditional work hours.
• Processing Plants – wide and varied exposure to chemicals, temperature variations, moving devices, and raw tissue, biological vectors, pathogens, off-gases, combustion products, organic chemicals and a variety of industrial environments etc. The individual must not be visually affected by food processing techniques or strong odors.
• Lab – exposure to fumes, dusts, chemicals, biological vectors and pathogens, etc. Personal safety equipment to be worn as directed.
• Travel – frequent travel to conduct field trials, troubleshoot, assist sales in customer presentations and communicate effectively.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Requirements & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Minimum 2-5 years of sales, technical service or management in the poultry industry or allied industry preferred
• Experience and exposure to slaughter plant environments for beef, swine and/or poultry
• Strong business/sales acumen including strategic planning skills, forecasting, understanding profitability
• Proven track record of building customer relationships and understanding protein account needs
• Ability to function independently and work from home
• Willingness to travel up to 80%
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours when troubleshooting and start-ups
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with customers and team members
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work with little supervision and set schedules to achieve selected goals
• Proven ability to remain flexible and multitask
• Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
• Customer-focused, strong organization, prioritization and time management skills
• Compliance with EHS and regulatory initiatives
• Safety conscious
• Risk and Hazard sensitive
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Person
- Mary Runkle
- Contact eMail