There are a number of third-party providers that offer opportunities abroad for college students to pursue study, intern, volunteer, and research programs outside of their home institution. Programs offering coursework abroad allow students to receive transfer credit while programs for intern, volunteer, or research may offer the option to earn Texas A&M, transfer, or no credit.
Texas A&M has chosen to affiliate with the following third-party providers. Their program offerings can be found in the Education Abroad Portal. If you are unable to find a specific affiliated program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Affiliate Provider Programs
TAMU Eligibility Requirements
- Cumulative 2.0 GPR (as well as requirements of the sponsoring program provider or host institution)
- Good academic and conduct standing
- Destination adheres to Texas A&M University Student Travel Rules
- Must verify with an academic advisor available transfer credit course options within degree plan
- Must allot 2 – 3 months after the program for the transcript process. Students are encouraged to participate in a transfer credit program no later than the first semester of their final year
Each provider and/or program may have different eligibility requirements. Students must meet both the TAMU and provider eligibility requirements to participate.
Affiliate provider programs require students to pre-approve coursework with Texas A&M in their Education Abroad Portal application, as well as apply directly with the sponsoring program provider or institution to participate. The next steps in the application process are as follows:
Both the TAMU and provider applications can be completed concurrently. Providers may charge an application fee to submit a completed application. It is recommended to get pre-approval of the courses in the program by your academic advisor prior to submitting the provider application to confirm the courses are applicable to your degree plan.
The Affiliate Provider Advising Team in Education Abroad will announce details of the upcoming pre-departure orientation meeting by email approximately a month in advance.
- Summer, fall, and academic year affiliate provider students must attend one pre-departure orientation held on the Reading Day in the prior spring semester. Please reference the Texas A&M Academic Calendar to identify the exact date in April or May.
- Spring and winter break affiliate provider students must attend one pre-departure orientation held on the Reading Day in the prior fall term. Please reference the Texas A&M Academic Calendar to identify the exact date in December.