The Texas A&M System Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) is a National Science Foundation (NSF) program designed to foster achievement in minority students seeking degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. The goal is to increase the number of underrepresented minority (URM) students who complete baccalaureate and doctoral degrees in STEM fields and, ultimately, enter the ranks of the faculty.
2020-2021 LSAMP Scholars
- Sophia Arista, Plant & Environmental Science
- Briana Borgers, Animal Science
- Tatyana Canales, Wildlife & Fisheries Science
- Hannah Carter, Biochemistry/Biophysics
- Dang Dang, Biochemistry/Biophysics
- Laura Diaz, Nutrition
- Franklin Fitzgerald, Genetics
- Brian Hinojos, Nutrition
- Ariana Lazo, Plant & Environmental Science
- Katherine Olvera, Animal Science
- Sonny Rodriguez, Genetics
LSAMP Program Details
- U1 through U4 underrepresented students in a STEM major in the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- Attend 4 (Total) professional development workshops approved or hosted by the LSAMP program throughout undergraduate career
- In Spring 2021 or in future semesters:
- Interest in pursuing a 291/491 Undergraduate Research Experience.
- Present a research presentation/poster/digital story upon completion of the 291/491 Research Experience.
- $1000 Research Stipend on completion of program activities
- Community Building and Professional Development activities
- Eligibility for the following remains with the LSAMP scholar for the duration of their undergraduate career
- Waivers for graduate school application fees
- Eligible for Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship (2 years graduate support and professional development series at all LSAMP partner institutions)
- Access to LSAMP-NICE (Regional NSF International Center of Excellence)
- Eligible to apply for ELCIP International Research Experience in Mexico
- Eligible to apply for travel funds to TAMUS LSAMP Symposium
If you are interested in being part of LSAMP, then you’ll need to submit an application.