This application is available for undergraduate students to apply for one of the Outstanding Student Awards handed out each spring during Ag Convocation. This year’s date for Ag Convocation will be the Saturday of Family Weekend, April 10, 2021.
The two categories of awards are:
- Senior Merit Awards: The highest award given to undergraduates in our college, a student must have over 90 hours and be projected to graduate during the 2021 calendar year. Non-Traditional Students are encouraged to apply as there are criteria specifically designed for their unique academic and life experiences. Students who are graduating in May 2021, and are selected for the college’s Senior Merit award will also be considered as possible nominees for the university’s highest awards given to a graduating senior: the Brown Foundation-Earl Rudder Memorial Outstanding Student Award, the Robert Gates-Muller Family Outstanding Student Award, and the E. King Gill Selfless Service Sward.
- COALS/Alpha Zeta Awards: Awards for the college’s Outstanding Freshman, Sophomore and Junior. This is the highest award given to non-seniors by the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Instructions for Submitting Your Award Application
- Application: Demographic information required (i.e., Name, Major, UIN, etc.)
- College Awards Sample Activity Sheet
- Areas that need to be included on your sheet include Texas A&M University Activities, Community Involvement, Professional & Civic Activities, Employment, Internships & Research, Awards, Honors & Publications. Non-Traditional Students may also include a section on Life Experiences.
- Please click on the link for a sample template that you are free to use by filling in your own unique information.
- Highlighted areas on the template pertain to Non-Traditional students only.
- 3-page limit for the activity sheet
- Statement of Purpose: How do you plan to utilize your degree in the future?
- Your statement needs to be at least half a page in length but no more than one page in length.
- Please focus your statement on what you plan to do post-graduation with your degree.
- Times New Roman, 12 point font, double-spaced format
- If you have any trouble submitting your application, please make sure you are current with any updates to Java and your web browser. If you still have issues submitting after updates, please do not hesitate to contact the dean’s office at 979-845-3712.
- The deadline for submission is by 5:00 PM, Tuesday, January 26, 2021.
COALS Outstanding Student Awards Application
This form is available for undergraduate students to submit their application for a COALS Outstanding Student Award.
The deadline for applications for the 2020 Outstanding Student Awards has passed.